Sunday, April 24, 2011

Final Post!

In the past few weeks I have learned a lot about photography and its impact on our culture. My entire understanding of photography has been changed. Photography has been a habit of mine for a bit more than a year now and I have become very interested by it. This blog was an opportunity to explore an aspect of photography that I hadn't dealt with much yet. I have come to realize that photography is much more than just an influential aspect of our culture. With its connection to news, advertising, and entertainment photography is our culture.
In my first post I asked, what makes a person really connect to a photo? After writing this blog I have reached the understanding that what really connects people to photographs is what they make the viewer feel when looking at them. Whether it's an ad that makes people feel like they need to buy something, or a photo of people dying on a battlefield in a warzone that makes people feel pain and sympathy for the people losing their lives, the feelings a photograph raises are what creates a deep connection with the viewer.
I also asked, what photos have changed our culture the most? In my last post I went over an article that explained why the author thought a set of 13 photos had changed the world. This article helped me understand that photos make massive impacts on our culture in aspects that we might not even think of. Photos have affected wars, corporations, environmental awareness, and much more.
My final question was, clearly photography is one of the most influential aspects of modern media, but what has led up to this point? Photography has been instrumental in the growth of our culture. Photography has played a major role in the evolution of art, advertising, and entertainment as a whole. Since the first photoetching in 1822 photography has become a driving force in humanity's progression.

Some new questions that I have after writing this blog are what will be the next big step in photography? Film and digital photography have both changed what photography is enormously. What will be the next big thing to shape this aspect of our society?

No comments:

Post a Comment